All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $34.38Free postage
- AU $44.99Was:AU $65.99
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionFrom John Grisham, America's #1 bestselling author, comes the most electrifying vel of the year, a high-stakes thrill ride through the darkest corners of the Sunshine State. We expect our judges to be honest and wise. Their integrity and impartiality are the bedrock of the entire judicial system. We trust them to ensure fair trials, to protect the rights of all litigants, to punish those who do wrong, and to oversee the orderly and efficient flow of justice. But what happens when a judge bends the law or takes a bribe? It's rare, but it happens. Lacy Stoltz is an investigator for the Florida Board on Judicial Conduct. She is a lawyer, t a cop, and it is her job to respond to complaints dealing with judicial misconduct. After nine years with the Board, she kws that most problems are caused by incompetence, t corruption. But a corruption case eventually crosses her desk. A previously disbarred lawyer is back in business with a new identity. He w goes by the name Greg Myers, and he claims to kw of a Florida judge who has stolen more money than all other crooked judges combined. And t just crooked judges in Florida. All judges, from all states, and throughout U.S. history. What's the source of the ill-gotten gains? It seems the judge was secretly involved with the construction of a large casi on Native American land. The Coast Mafia financed the casi and is w helping itself to a sizable skim of each month's cash. The judge is getting a cut and looking the other way. It's a sweet deal: Everyone is making money. But w Greg wants to put a stop to it. His only client is a person who kws the truth and wants to blow the whistle and collect millions under Florida law. Greg files a complaint with the Board on Judicial Conduct, and the case is assigned to Lacy Stoltz, who immediately suspects that this one could be dangerous. Dangerous is one thing. Deadly is something else.
- Author BiographyJohn Grisham is the author of twenty-nine novels, one work of nonfiction, a collection of stories, and five novels for young readers.
- Author(s)John Grisham
- PublisherDoubleday Books
- Date of Publication25/10/2016
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDoubleday Books
- Weight680 g
- Width160 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.