All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe White Devil is one of the most violent and most fascinating plays in English theatrical history. It is also a toriously challenging work; this volume offers a practical, accessible and thought-provoking guide to the play, surveying its major themes and critical reception. It also provides a detailed and up-to-date history of the play's performance, beginning with its first staging in 1611 staging and ending with the RSC's 2014 revival. Moving through to four new critical essays, it opens up cutting-edge perspectives on the work, and finishes with a practical guide to pedagogical approaches and resources. Detailing web-based and production-related resources, and including an antated bibliography of critical works, the guide will equip teachers and facilitate students' understanding of this complex play.
- Author BiographyPaul Frazer is Lecturer in English at Northumbria University, UK. Adam Hansen is Senior Lecturer in English at Northumbria University, UK.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication17/11/2016
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleArden Early Modern Drama Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Weight342 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Volume editorAdam Hansen,Paul Frazer
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.