All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn her ravishing and moving second vel, the bestselling author of In the Cut tells the story of Mamie Clarke, who sets out to lose herself in New York City. Having only previously kwn the fragile, magical world of her childhood on the lush Hawaiian island of Kaua i, Mamie leaves college to visit her sophisticated aunt in New York. With her beautiful and self-destructive younger sister Claire in tow, Mamie must learn to make her way in a world of money, power, sex, and drugs. Moore s sharp and witty book captures an unforgettable time and place the Manhattan of the early 80s and the powerful feelings engendered there.
- Author BiographySusanna Moore is from Hawaii but now lives in New York City. She is the author of the novels In the Cut, The Whiteness of Bones, Sleeping Beauties, and My Old Sweetheart, which won the Ernest Hemingway Foundation/PEN Award for First Fiction, and the Sue Kaufman Prize for First Fiction from the American Academy of Arts and Letters. A nonfiction travel book, I Myself Have Seen It, will be published by the National Geographic Society in 2003.
- Author(s)Susanna Moore
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2003
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Weight213 g
- Width134 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $56.52
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.70
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.