The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Proven Strategies to Nurture Your Child's Developing Mind by Tina Payne Bryson, Daniel J. Siegel (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.16Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this pioneering, practical book for parents, neuroscientist Daniel J. Siegel and parenting expert Tina Payne Bryson explain the new science of how a child's brain is wired and how it matures. Different parts of a child's brain develop at different speeds and understanding these differences can help you turn any outburst, argument, or fear into a chance to integrate your child's brain and raise calmer, happier children. Featuring clear explanations, age-appropriate strategies and illustrations that will help you explain these concepts to your child, The Whole-Brain Child will help your children can lead balanced, meaningful, and connected lives using twelve key strategies, including: Name It to Tame It: Corral raging right-brain behavior through left-brain storytelling, appealing to the left brain's affinity for words and reasoning to calm emotional storms and bodily tension. Engage, Don't Enrage: Keep your child thinking and listening, instead of purely reacting. Move It or Lose It: Use physical activities to shift your child's emotional state. Let the Clouds of Emotion Roll By: Guide your children when they are stuck on a negative emotion, and help them understand that feelings come and go. SIFT: Help children pay attention to the Sensations, Images, Feelings, and Thoughts within them so that they can make better decisions and be more flexible. Connect Through Conflict: Use discord to encourage empathy and greater social success.
- Author BiographyDr Daniel J. Siegel is currently a clinical professor of psychiatry at the UCLA School of Medicine and executive director of the Mindsight Institute. He has written several acclaimed books including Parenting from the Inside Out, The Mindful Brain, Mindsight and The Developing Mind. Dr Tina Payne Bryson is a psychotherapist at Pediatric and Adolescent Psychology Associates. She serves as the Director of Parenting Education and Development for the Mindsight Institute and has conducted research exploring attachment science, child-rearing theory and the emerging field of interpersonal neurobiology.
- Author(s)Daniel J. Siegel,Tina Payne Bryson
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication16/08/2012
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width174 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.