All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSir Winston Churchill remains a British hero, lauded for his oratorical skill. He wrote histories, biographies, memoirs, and even a vel, while his journalism, speeches and broadcasts run to millions of words. From 1940 he inspired and united the British people and guided their war effort. Behind the public figure, however, was a man of vast humanity and ermous wit. His most famous speeches and sayings have passed into history but many of his aphorisms, puns and jokes are less well kwn. This enchanting collection brings together hundreds of his wittiest remarks as a record of all that was best about this endearing, conceited, talented and wildly funny Englishman. Also available in the series are collections from Shakespeare, To Be or Not To Be, and Oscar Wilde, I Can Resist Everything Except Temptation.
- Author BiographyDominique Enright is a freelance writer and editor. Her previous works for Michael O'Mara Books include The Wicked Wit of Winston Churchill and The Wicked Wit of Jane Austen, and she is also the compiler and editor of selections from the verse of Burns, Keats, Kipling and Wordsworth. She lives in London with her husband, son and two daughters.
- Author(s)Dominique Enright
- PublisherMichael O'Mara Books Ltd
- Date of Publication02/06/2011
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMichael O'Mara Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.