All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Widening Circle outlines a new approach to priesthood, suggesting that we only begin to understand what a 'priest' is once we have understood what priesthood is theologically and biblically - God's way of blessing the world. The key ideas of the book are (1) that Christ is the 'true High Priest' - he is therefore our clue to understanding the nature of priesthood; (2) that the priestly ministry of Christ consists of two parts - MEDIATION (mediating God to us and us to God) and ENABLING (enabling us and all of creation to reach its divine destiny, to be a true reflection of the glory of God); and (3) that priesthood is therefore the way God blesses the world, by choosing a part to be the means of blessing the whole. He chooses humanity to care for and bless the earth, Israel as a priestly nation to bless the world, and the church as his means of blessing the rest of humanity.
- Author BiographyThe Revd Dr Graham Tomlin is Dean of St Mellitus College and Principal of St Paul's Theological Centre, Holy Trinity Brompton, London. He served in a parish in Exeter before becoming Chaplain of Jesus College, Oxford in 1989 and Vice-Principal of Wycliffe Hall in 1998. Among his publications are The Prodigal Spirit (SPTC/Alpha, 2011), Spiritual Fitness (Continuum, 2006) and The Provocative Church (SPCK, 2014), now in its fourth edition. Graham is married with two children.
- Author(s)Graham Tomlin
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication20/11/2014
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSPCK Publishing
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.