All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Widening Circle outlines a new approach to priesthood, suggesting that we only begin to understand what a 'priest' is once we have understood what priesthood is theologically and biblically - God's way of blessing the world. The key ideas of the book are (1) that Christ is the 'true High Priest' - he is therefore our clue to understanding the nature of priesthood; (2) that the priestly ministry of Christ consists of two parts - MEDIATION (mediating God to us and us to God) and ENABLING (enabling us and all of creation to reach its divine destiny, to be a true reflection of the glory of God); and (3) that priesthood is therefore the way God blesses the world, by choosing a part to be the means of blessing the whole. He chooses humanity to care for and bless the earth, Israel as a priestly nation to bless the world, and the church as his means of blessing the rest of humanity.
- Author BiographyThe Revd Dr Graham Tomlin is Dean of St Mellitus College and Principal of St Paul's Theological Centre, Holy Trinity Brompton, London. He served in a parish in Exeter before becoming Chaplain of Jesus College, Oxford in 1989 and Vice-Principal of Wycliffe Hall in 1998. Among his publications are The Prodigal Spirit (SPTC/Alpha, 2011), Spiritual Fitness (Continuum, 2006) and The Provocative Church (SPCK, 2014), now in its fourth edition. Graham is married with two children.
- Author(s)Graham Tomlin
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication20/11/2014
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSPCK Publishing
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.