The Widow Clicquot: The Story of a Champagne Empire and the Woman Who Ruled it by Tilar J. Mazzeo (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.90Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by crokat53
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $19.15Free postage
- AU $19.87Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionVeuve Clicquot champagne epitomizes glamour and style, with tribute paid everywhere from Lord Byron to Casablanca. But who was this young widow - the 'Veuve' - Clicquot, whose champagne sparkled at the courts of France, Britain, and Russia, and how did she rise to celebrity and fortune? Newly widowed, she assumed the reins of the fledgling wine business she and her husband started, steering it through huge political and financial reversals to succeed as a single woman in a man's world. Visitors flocked to see this cultural icon and taste the vintages she imbued with magic.
- Author BiographyTilar J. Mazzeo is the author of numerous works of cultural history and biography, including the New York Times bestselling The Widow Clicquot, The Secret of Chanel No. 5, and nearly two dozen other books, articles, essays, and reviews on wine, travel, and the history of luxury. The Clara C. Piper Associate Professor of English at Colby College, she divides her time between coastal Maine, New York City, and Vancouver Island, British Columbia.
- Author(s)Tilar J. Mazzeo
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication15/10/2009
- SubjectBiography: Business
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight222 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.