The Wiki Way: Quick Collaboration on the Web by Ward Cunningham, Bo Leuf (Mixed media product, 2001)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWiki discussion servers offer an exceptionally flexible, open source solution for a wide range of collaborative applications. Wiki offers simplicity, broad compatibility with current techlogies and standards, and remarkably low cost. Now, there's a complete guide to deploying and managing Wiki servers, co-authored by Wiki's creator Ward Cunningham. The Wiki Way begins with an overview of discussion servers and their applications, and an introduction to Wiki's capabilities and components. The authors walk through installing Wiki, covering key Apache configuration and security issues; then introduce basic procedures for browsing, editing, content development, markup, and structuring Wiki content for diverse applications. The book also presents numerous case studies showcasing Wiki techlogy in action. An accompanying CD-ROM and companion web site at http://wiki.org/ provide the latest Wiki source code for multiple platforms.
- Author BiographyBo Leuf has extensive experience in technical communication and teaching, coupled with a deep understanding of cross-platform software product design, user interfaces and usability analysis. He maintains several professional and recreational Internet Web sites, including one that provides commercial Web hosting and Wiki services for others. An independent consultant in Sweden for more than 25 years, Bo has been responsible for software development and localization projects. He is currently a freelance consultant and technical writer, specializing in software documentation, translation, and design-team training. He is a regular contributor to a major Swedish computer magazine, and a frequent speaker at technical conferences. Ward Cunningham is widely respected for his contributions to the practices of object-oriented development, Extreme Programming, and software agility. Cofounder of Cunningham & Cunningham, Inc., he has served as Director of R&D at Wyatt Software and as principal engineer at the Tektronix Computer Research Laboratory. Ward led the creation of Fit, and is responsible for innovations ranging from the CRC design method to WikiWikiWeb.
- Author(s)Bo Leuf,Ward Cunningham
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication03/04/2001
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddison-Wesley Educational Publishers Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight789 g
- Width189 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.