All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen WikiLeaks first came to prominence in 2010, releasing millions of top secret State Department cables, the world saw for the first time what the US really thought about national leaders, friendly dictators, and supposed allies. It also discovered the dark truths of national policies, human rights violations, covert operations, and cover-ups done in your name. The WikiLeaks Files is the first volume that uses experts to collate and analyze the most important cables and show their historic importance. Regional expert contributors include Tim Shorrock, Richard Heydarian, Russ Wellen, Conn Hallinan and Gareth Porter.
- Author BiographyJULIAN ASSANGE has been the Editor-in-Chief of WikiLeaks since 2006. Since 2010 when the website published thousands of US military and diplomatic documents, he has been under investigation by the United States. That year he was called a criminal and a terrorist by some politicans, but also won the Sam Adams Award, was named Person of the Year by Le Monde's readers' and received the Time Readers' Award. In 2011 he accepted the Sydney Peace Foundation Gold Medal for Peace, the Martha Gelhorn Prize for Journalism, the Walkley Award for most outstanding contribution to journalism, and the Amnesty International UK Media Award. Since June 2012 he has been seeking political asylum at the Ecuadorian Embassy, London.
- Author(s)Julian WikiLeaks,WikiLeaks
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication02/09/2015
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byJulian Assange
Most relevant reviews
- jorge.conde6225 Feb, 2016by
Historical turning point!
Most of us know we are in the darkness when it comes to the why and how of political decisions made on our behalf; we are nothing more than ‘Plato’s Cave' creatures being led by shadows on a wall, our modern media. This book is light onto darkness, a revelation that exposes an empires unfathomable greed and pervasive machinations through its unchecked power. This book might very well document be the turning point, create a new enlightened generation and trumpet the end of a dark empire.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36