All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Wild Flora of Kew Gardens: A cumulative checklist from 1759 details all plants that have ever been recorded growing in a wild state within the Gardens or its periphery (including the towpath, Kew Green and Old Deer Park), and all natives cultivated in formal beds or other plantings, either currently or in the past, for which there is reliable documentation, dating back to the first record of 1759. Nearly 2,000 taxa are included, with citation of literature records and herbarium specimens and accompanying colour photographs. The book tes the past and present distribution of wild species within the Gardens, and demonstrates the extent to which the wild flora of the Kew estate has changed over its 250 years.
- Author BiographyThomas A. Cope studied taxonomy at Manchester University and has contributed accounts of grasses to several major floras, including Pakistan, Somalia, Arabia, Egypt, southern tropical Africa, and Madeira.
- Author(s)Tom Cope
- PublisherRoyal Botanic Gardens
- Date of Publication30/11/2009
- SubjectNatural History: Plants
- Place of PublicationSurrey
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Botanic Gardens
- Content NoteIllustrated with colour photographs throughout
- Weight680 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.