All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.76Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 1959 and written by two of Missouri's most distinguished conservationists, this reference book is the defnitive guide to Missouri's wild mammals. Maintaining the original book's successful format and the language that made it accessible to both professional and lay readers, the third revised edition includes newly updated species distribution maps. Also incorporated are discussions of biological and ecological aspects of the mammals including conservation and management concerns. Charles Schwartz's meticulously rendered drawings capture the spirit of his subjects while remaining technically accurate. These drawings range from fully rendered portraits to illustrations of skulls, tracks, and other identifying characteristics, to vignettes showing the mammals engaged in typical behaviors. New artwork has been completed by Mark Raithel for new resident species the elk and the Semile bat. The Schwartzes' lifelong dedication to state and national conservation and their vast biological kwledge are apparent throughout the pages of this attractive reference guide. People of all ages and backgrounds will find The Wild Mammals of Missouri an invaluable guide to the study of Missouri's mammals.
- Author BiographyCharles Schwartz and Elizabeth Schwartz worked for decades at the Missouri Department of Conservation as biologists, photographers, and writers. Together this husband-and- wife team wrote or illustrated thirteen other books and many technical papers for scientifc journals and popular articles for magazines. This book is a co-publication with the Missouri Department of Conservation, USA.
- Author(s)Charles W. Schwartz,Elizabeth R. Schwartz
- PublisherUniversity of Missouri Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2016
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationMissouri
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Missouri Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDebby K. Fantz,Victoria L. Jackson
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.