All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUsing his vast kwledge of campcraft, Rutstrum describes the wilderness life and details what one can expect from the wild-inspiration from exploring, pleasure from encountering natural settings, satisfaction after gaining experience, and mental stimulation from observation and problem solving. In the process he reveals many adventures, including his first trek into the deep Canadian wilderness, a journey by dogsled to bring out a human body, and a rescue mission to save two lost, inexperienced campers. Always respectful of nature and the skills of his Native American neighbors, Rutstrum argues for a modern esteem for true wilderness and explains what one can do with all of that leisure time.
- Author BiographyCalvin Rutstrum (1895-1982) was one of the best-known outdoorsmen of his generation and the author of many books, including The Wilderness Route Finder, Paradise Below Zero, Once upon a Wilderness, The New Way of the Wilderness, and North American Canoe Country, all published by the University of Minnesota Press.
- Author(s)Calvin Rutstrum
- PublisherUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Date of Publication07/05/2004
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width133 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.