All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA thrillingly original story of the adventures of a small band of feral cats in Delhi who communicate by whisker mind-link, and face an unprecedented threat to their tribe's survival; for readers of Life of Pi and Philip Pullman.In the labyrinthine alleys and ruins of Nizamuddin, an old neighbourhood in Delhi, India, lives a small band of cats. Miao, the clan elder, a wise, grave Siamese; Katar, loved by his followers and feared by his enemies; Hulo, the great warrior tom; Beraal, the beautiful queen, swift and deadly when challenged; Southpaw, the kitten whose curiosity can always be counted on to get him into trouble... Unfettered and wild, these and the other members of the tribe fear one, go where they will, and do as they please. Until one day, a terrified orange-coloured kitten with monsoon green eyes and remarkable powers lands in their midst--the first in a series of extraordinary events that threatens to annihilate them and everything they hold dear. The Wildings is a gorgeous evocation of Delhi, a love paean to cats and a rich, often savage tale of survival and conquering one's fears.
- Author BiographyNILANJANA ROY spent most of her adult life writing about humans before realizing that animals were much more fun; The Wildings is her first novel. She writes a regular column for the Business Standard and the International Herald Tribune, and her fiction and journalism have appeared in several journals and anthologies, including The Caravan, Civil Lines 6, Guernica, the New York Times ' India blog, Outlook and Biblio. Some of her stories for children have been published in Scholastic's Spooky Stories, Science Fiction Stories and Be Witched. She is the editor of A Matter of Taste: The Penguin Book of Indian Writing on Food. She lives in Delhi with two cats and her husband.
- Author(s)Nilanjana Roy
- PublisherRandom House Canada
- Date of Publication12/01/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Canada
- Weight318 g
- Width142 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $21.55Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.