All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince its original publication in 1960, The Wildlife Techniques Manual has remained the cornerstone text for the professional wildlife biologist. Now fully revised and updated, this seventh edition promises to be the most comprehensive resource on wildlife biology, conservation, and management for years to come. Superbly edited by Nova J. Silvy, the thirty-seven authoritative chapters included in this work provide a full synthesis of methods used in the field and laboratory. Chapter authors, all leading wildlife professionals, explain and critique traditional and new methodologies and offer thorough discussions of a wide range of relevant topics, including: experimental design; wildlife health and disease; capture techniques; population estimation; telemetry; vegetation analysis; conservation genetics; wildlife damage management; urban wildlife management; and, habitat conservation planning. A standard text in a variety of courses, The Techniques Manual , as it is commonly called, covers every aspect of modern wildlife management and provides practical information for applying the hundreds of methods described in its pages. To effectively incorporate the explosion of new information in the wildlife profession, this latest edition is logically organized into a two-volume set: Volume 1 is devoted to research techniques and Volume 2 focuses on management methodologies. The Wildlife Techniques Manual is a resource that professionals and students in wildlife biology, conservation, and management simply cant do without. It is published in association with The Wildlife Society.
- Author BiographyNova J. Silvy is Regents Professor in the Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences at Texas A&M University.
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication27/03/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note360, 190 black & white illustrations, 170 black & white line drawings
- Weight3495 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine72 mm
- Edited byNova J. Silvy
- Contained items statement2 Hardbacks
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
- Interest AgeFrom 17
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $36.17Trending at AU $70.69
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $99.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.