All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith practical guidance, helpful tips, and informative overviews of each location, The Wildlife of New England invites you to discover more than 80 wildlife-viewing areas around New England. * Where are you most likely to spot a moose, black bear, or otter in the wild? * On what hilltop can you see thousands of migrating hawks in a single day? * Where might you see a basking shark, seal, or sea star? Experienced nature writer and photographer John S. Burk answers these questions and more in this unique guidebook. Organized by state, each viewing location is discussed in detail, including its natural habitats and their unique features, characteristic species to watch for and when to see them, and recommended trails, auto roads, and driving directions. The Wildlife of New England also offers informative introductions to 60 of the region's iconic animals organized by their natural habitats and shown in stunning photographs, many in color.
- Author BiographyJOHN S. BURK is a writer, photographer, and researcher who has written and worked for the AMC Images of America series, Harvard University Forest, Natural New England magazine, and local conservation groups.
- Author(s)John S. Burk
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication15/04/2011
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of New England
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.), maps
- Weight408 g
- Width140 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.43
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.