All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Buddhist tradition offers a treasure-house of images that can touch our hearts and minds in deeply satisfying ways. These images represent aspects of what Buddhists call Enlightenment - a state of pure, clear consciousness and understanding that can never adequately be described in words. The ancient symbols of the tradition can guide us towards the truth.Colouring the pictures in this book can become a journey of discovery. As our imagination begins to work, we can see beyond the lines on the page and sense a realm of deeper meaning. Contemplating these images can then help us towards the perfected qualities of generosity, fearlessness, wisdom and compassion that characterize the awakened mind.
- Author BiographyAloka began his studies at the Harrow School of Art at the age of thirteen. After nine years of study, including three years at the Maidstone School of Art, he went on to teach art for six years, during which time he made contact with the Friends of the Western Buddhist Order and started to produce Buddhist art in a style appropriate for the West, while maintaining elements of the Buddhist tradition. Over the next thirty years he has produced hundreds of works of art, mostly of traditional Buddhist images, and his work has been widely published.
- PublisherWindhorse Publications
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWindhorse Publications
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.