All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA fictional imagining of the gentle but troubled zealot William Cowper--best kwn as a precursor to Romantics such as Wordsworth and Burns--Brian Lynch's The Winner of Sorrow brings to life the mind and times of an eighteenth-century poet. Intense and exhilarating, this is literary fiction at its finest--the reader will be hard-pressed t to rush ahead to see what happens next. Yet you'll want to savor every word as Lynch traces Cowper's tragic descent into madness, which is presented matter-of-factly so that the vel is t sentimental but austere, t precious but serious, and yet, remarkably, lively, sensuous, and blackly comic.
- Author BiographyBrian Lynch was born in 1945 in Dublin, where he still lives. Samuel Beckett nominated him for election to Aosd na in 1983, praising his exceptional talent .
- Author(s)Brian Lynch
- PublisherDalkey Archive Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNormal, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDalkey Archive Press
- Weight454 g
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $28.99New
- AU $16.49New
- AU $12.89Used
- AU $79.87New
- AU $18.82New
- AU $113.79New
- AU $22.53New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $31.01
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $28.99
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.49
- AU $76.78Trending at AU $79.87
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $9.41Trending at AU $12.51
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $25.79
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.