All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Forest Family is a series of four books at Gold Band 9 of the Start Reading programme. The stories follow the adventures of Erg and Luli and their tribal family, as they learn to survive in the forest.
- Author BiographyPenny Dolan is a children's writer and storyteller living in North Yorkshire. She is a popular speaker with both infant and junior children, and has visited many School Book Weeks and literacy events across the UK, with her enjoyable 'Author Talks' and lively story-telling sessions. She has also spoken and performed in libraries, bookshops, museums, art galleries, historic sites and outdoor locations, and has appeared on the children's programme of several literature festivals. She has a wide interest in children's books and has been Chair of the Federation of Children's Book Groups. Penny has a wide experience of schools. She was a primary advisory teacher for English and Drama but has been a freelance language arts worker for several years. She has also taught on residential writing courses for children, tutored both storytelling and writing courses for adults, and spoken at conferences. Penny has a degree in Education, specialising in Language and Literacy and an Advanced Diploma in Educational Drama. As well as working on her writing, Penny enjoys drawing, painting, reading, chatting and daydreaming. Her favourite colour is yellow. Her favourite food is strawberries-and-cream, and she is probably the world's slowest swimmer. She has three untidy desks, two grown-up children and one rather bad cat.
- Author(s)Penny Dolan
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication09/06/2011
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleStart Reading: The Forest Family
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWayland (Publishers) Ltd
- Content NoteColour illustrations throughout
- Weight84 g
- Width163 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Illustrator(s)Kirsten Richards
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
- Interest AgeFrom 4
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.