All listings for this product
About this product
- Description1067. Following the devastating destruction of the Battle of Hastings, William the Bastard and his men have descended on England. Villages are torched; men, women and children are put to the sword as the Norman king attempts to impose his cruel will upon this unruly nation. But there is one who stands in the way of the invader's savagery. He is called Hereward. He is a warrior and master tactician and as adept at battle as the imposter who sits upon the throne. And he is England's last hope. In a Fenlands fortress of water and wild wood, Hereward's resistance is simmering. His army of outcasts grows by the day-a devil's army that emerges out of the mists and the night, leaving death in its wake. But William is t easily cowed. Under the command of his ruthless deputy, Ivo Taillebois-the man they call 'the Butcher'-the Norman forces will do whatever it takes to crush the rebels, even if it means razing England to the ground. Here then is the tale of the bloodiest rebellion England has ever kwn-the beginning of an epic struggle that will change England forever.
- Author BiographyJames Wilde, the pseudonym of Mark Chadbourn, a two-time winner of the prestigious British Fantasy Award, has written a number of widely praised modern fantasy novels. He is also the author of The Time of the Wolf and The Winter Warrior, both available from Pegasus Books. Wilde lives in the heart of a Mercian forest in England.
- Author(s)James Wilde
- PublisherPegasus Books
- Date of Publication12/12/2013
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPegasus Books
- Weight530 g
- Width160 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $57.39
- AU $12.70Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.70
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.