All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew York Times bestselling author Paula Brackston transports readers to the windswept mountains of Wales in The Winter Witch --a spellbinding tale of love and magic. There's a whiff of Harry Potter in the witchy conflict . Love of landscape and lyrical writing lend charm, but it's Brackston's full-blooded storytelling that will hook the reader. -- Kirkus Brackston's imaginative story is fascinating, polished and intriguing. -CurledUp.com A whimsical and mystical tale that's part romance part mystery part fantasy and all extraordinary. -The Reading FrenzyIn her small early nineteenth century Welsh town, there is one quite like Morgana, who has t spoken since she was a young girl. Her silence is a mystery, as well as her magic. Concerned for her safety, her mother is anxious to see her married, and Cai Jenkins, a widower from the far hills, seems the best choice. After her wedding, Morgana is heartbroken at leaving her mother, and wary of this man, whom she does t kw, and who will take her away to begin a new life. But she soon falls in love with Cai's farm and the wild mountains that surround it. Cai works to understand the beautiful, half-tamed creature he has chosen for a bride, and slowly, he begins to win Morgana's affections. It's t long, however, before her strangeness begins to be remarked upon in her new village. A dark force is at work there--a person who will stop at thing to turn the townspeople against Morgana. Forced to defend her home, her man, and herself, Morgana must learn to harness her power, or she will lose everything.
- Author BiographyPAULA BRACKSTON is the New York Times bestselling author of The Witch's Daughter and The Winter Witch. She lives halfway up a Brecon Beacon in Wales with her partner and their two children.
- Author(s)Paula Brackston
- PublisherSt. Martin's Griffin
- Date of Publication24/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt. Martin's Griffin
- Weight318 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $57.39
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.70
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.