Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTHE WIRE is one of the most critically acclaimed drama series in the history of television. Over its five seasons it built up a rich and layered portrait of Baltimore: its hardened police force, its corner boys, its dock workers and its politicians. The Wire: Truth Be Told brings the reader inside this world: packed with photographs and featuring an introduction by David Simon, it covers all five seasons in glorious detail.
- Author BiographyRAFAEL ALVAREZ was born in Baltimore in 1958 and educated at Catholic schools. He received an English degree from Loyola College in Baltimore in 1981. His books include Orlo and Leini, a collection of short fiction, and Storyteller, an anthology of his two decades of feature reporting for the Baltimore Sun. In 2009, Alvarez published an essay on the expansive nature of storytelling - as evidenced in his fiction and THE WIRE - in Third Person: Authoring and Exploring Vast Narratives, released by the MIT Press of Cambridge, Massachusetts. DAVID SIMON's Homicide: A Year in the Killing Streets won the Edgar and Anthony Awards and became the basis for the award-winning NBC drama. Simon's second book, The Corner: A Year in the Life of an Inner-City Neighbourhood, co-authored with Ed Burns, was made into an Emmy-winning HBO miniseries. Simon was an executive writer and producer for HBO's Peabody Award-winning series THE WIRE. He lives in Baltimore. Other contributors: Victor Paul Alvarez, Michael A. Fletcher, Greg Garland, Nick Hornby, Joy Lusco Kecken, Laura Lippman, Ann DeLordo, George Pelecanos, Deborah Rudacille, Tom Waldron, Anthony Walton and William F. Zorzi.
- Author(s)David Simon,Rafael Alvarez
- PublisherCanongate Books Ltd
- Date of Publication02/09/2010
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanongate Books Ltd
- Content NoteThroughout
- Weight627 g
- Width135 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine45 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.