All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionAs evidenced by the clientele in any urban coffee shop, devices such as cell phones, BlackBerries, and Wi-Fi-enabled laptops have proliferated, particularly during the past ten years. The Wireless Spectrum explores how wireless techlogies have modified both individual and public life, transforming our experiences of space, time, and place, while reshaping our day-to-day interactions. Bringing together visual artists, designers, activists, and communication and humanities scholars to reflect on mobile media, this collection engages a new terrain of interdisciplinary research. Interrogating these new forms of community and communication practices as they are emerging in Canada and around the world, the essays in The Wireless Spectrum ask how these new techlogies transfigure subjectivities, creating new forms of social behaviour and provocative aesthetic practices.
- Author BiographyBarbara Crow is an associate professor in, and director of, the Graduate Program in Communication and Culture at York University. Michael Longford is an associate professor in the Department of Design at York University. Kim Sawchuk is an associate professor in the Department of Communication Studies at Concordia University.
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication18/06/2010
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleDigital Futures
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Weight500 g
- Width159 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byBarbara Crow,Kim Sawchuk,Michael Longford
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.