All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionAn incisive guide to the compassionate path of the Bodhisattva for more than two millennia, this Sutra has influenced Buddhist thinkers and practitioners in every country touched by Mahayana Buddhism. This extraordinary teaching is given by the Buddha in response to the questions of advanced Bodhisattvas. Ten chapters illuminate the meaning of the basis-consciousness, the ultimate, and the doctrine of cognition-only. The Sutra's wide-ranging discussions integrate penetrating investigation and meditative realization, the two great wings of the Buddhist teachings. For practicing philosophers, students of Buddhist thought and the history of ideas, and Buddhist practitioners, it offers a powerful description of the Mahayana path and the nature of Buddhahood. This teaching became the central text for the Yogacara, one of the two major philosophical schools of the Mahayana. With Tibetan text on facing pages.
- PublisherDharma Publishing,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/02/1995
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDharma Publishing,U.S.
- Content Note14ill.(1col.).
- Weight857 g
- Width180 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Translated byJohn Powers
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.