All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWilliam Jackson bestows a rich collection that presents the depth of American generosity. Drawing upon an abundant variety of genres--myths, proverbs, poems, letters, short stories, news stories, folktales, sermons, and essays--this interesting and useful collection documents the religious dimensions of American philanthropy. The Wisdom of Generosity t only chronicles the manifestations of philanthropy but also reveals philanthropy's integral connection with American history and how Americans are still striving to fulfill their original promises. This Reader offers classic yet fresh resources for reflecting on the heritage of American giving.
- Author BiographyWilliam Jackson (Ph.D. Harvard University) is Professor of Religious Studies at Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis and Lake Scholar at the Lake Family Institute on Faith and Giving. He is the author of 11 books, including, most recently Worldviews Kaleidoscope (2007), Vijayanagara Visions: Religious Experience and Cultural Creativity in a South Indian Empire (2007), and Heaven's Fractal Net: Retrieving Lost Visions in the Humanities (2004).
- Author(s)William Lord Jackson
- PublisherBaylor University Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2008
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationWaco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaylor University Press
- Content Noteb/w illus
- Weight952 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.35Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.