All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith a writing career spanning some seventy years, Naguib Mahfouz is one of the most recognized writers in the world. His study of philosophy at what is w Cairo University greatly influenced his works, as did his wide readings and his work in the government and in the Cinema Organization. The Wisdom of Naguib Mahfouz, like the earlier Life's Wisdom, is a unique collection of quotations selected from the great author's works, offering philosophical insights on themes such as childhood, youth, love, marriage, war, freedom, death, the supernatural, the afterlife, the soul, immortality, and many other subjects that take us through life's journey.
- Author BiographyNaguib Mahfouz (1911-2006) was born in the crowded Cairo district of Gamaliya. He wrote nearly 40 novel-length works, plus hundreds of short stories and numerous screenplays. He was awarded the Nobel prize for literature in 1988. Aleya Serour was the co-author of the first edition of the AUC Press's bestselling Cairo Practical Guide in 1975, and the editor of Naguib Mahfouz: Life's Wisdom from the Works of the Nobel Laureate (AUC Press, 2006). She retired recently after more than thirty years as a key member of the AUC Press team.
- Author(s)Naguib Mahfouz
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2012
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Weight414 g
- Width132 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAleya Serour
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $36.17Trending at AU $70.69
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.