The Wise Advisor: What Every Professional Should Know About Consulting and Counseling by Jeswald W. Salacuse (Paperback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $39.75Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSalacuse presents a seven-point, comprehensive system to guide all professionals, from lawyers and consulting engineers to management consultants and financial planners, in the process of wisely and effectively advising their clients. Giving advice is an essential task in all professions. Doctors, lawyers, management consultants, financial planners, consulting engineers, and accountants are called on every day to give wise advise to their clients on what they should do. Some professionals carry out this task well; others do it poorly. The ability of a doctor, lawyer, management consultant, or financial planner to help ather person with a problem depends as much on a command of the process of giving advice as on an understanding of medicine, law, business, or finance. Salacuse presents a clear and workable method for understanding and carrying out the advising process. His system is based on basic principles that govern all advising, regardless of the profession or area of life in which the advisor works: Kw the persons who will use the advice; help, or at least do harm; recognize how advice matters and can have serious consequences; negotiate your role with the client; develop a partnership between advisor and client; tailor advice to the life, needs, and objectives of the client, and make that advice clear and constructive; keep advice pure of self-interest, prejudices, and personal shortcomings; and kw when to stop. Drawing on examples and cases from virtually every profession, Salacuse shows how to apply these seven principles in a wide variety of advising situations. The Wise Advisor is an indispensable tool for any person who gives professional advice.
- Author BiographyJESWALD W. SALACUSE is Henry J. Braker Professor of Law at The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Tufts University. A member of the Council on Foreign Relations and the American Law Institute and an independent director of mutual funds, Salacuse lectures widely and advises governments, businesses, universities, foundations, and international organizations. Among Professor Salacuse's earlier books are Making Global Deals: Negotiating in the International Marketplace and International Business Planning Law and Taxation. He has served as Dean of the Fletcher School and of the School of Law of Southern Methodist University.
- Author(s)Jeswald W. Salacuse
- Date of Publication30/01/2000
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight224 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.