All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first book by Motivational Speaker and Trainer, Brother Marcus. Brother Marcus candidly shares his experiences of growing up on the mean streets of Brooklyn, New York and offers readers four life principles that aided him in keeping his own life on track. This book helps young men to take a hard look at the kind of men they are becoming spiritually, physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, socially and sexually. Brother Marcus hammers away at the pseudo image of manhood that negative rap music and hip hop culture offers young men in today's times. Other topics covered in this book include functional illiteracy and the immeasurable value of reading, developing a work ethic, and transitioning out of their parent's home. Young men get a chance to look ten years into the future and consider where the positive and negative consequences of their actions have brought them.
- Author BiographyBrother Marcus was born on November 15, 1972 to Joseph and Carol Girard. Marcus comes from a large family where he is the middle child of three older brothers and three younger sisters. Marcus is married to Cecelia Girard and they have six wonderful children together. As a youth, Brother Marcus grew up in a high risk, hard core inner city environment in Brooklyn, New York. Marcus lost many of his friends to drugs, gangs, guns and violence. As a youngster, Marcus was determined that one day, he would find a way to help people overcome the negative circumstances and difficulty factors that are a natural part of everyone's lives. Brother Marcus attended College at the esteemed and prestigious Morehouse College. In 1994, Brother Marcus developed a company called the Youth and Adult Intervention Services. This company now has over fifteen years experience with both Youth and Adult Leadership Development and Motivational Self-Esteem Training. Marcus has personally worked with many diverse groups of youth that has ranged from the extremely at - risk to the most elite students in America. His presentations provide valuable insight into the current mindset of today's youth and adults. Brother Marcus has also developed several curriculums and programs that include a Statewide Manhood and Fatherhood Training Program and workshops on topics such as Marriage and Family Relationships and Parent Empowerment. He has coordinated the Southwest Georgia Teen Fatherhood Program and worked with Teen Mothers in school systems. He has recorded several motivational CD's and is the author of the recently published book for males, The Wise Men and Women Have Sent Me to tell You. Brother Marcus also serves as the host of the extremely popular Internet Radio Talk Show, The Brother Marcus Show. Brother Marcus is a natural communicator who has personally motivated tens of thousands of youth and adults. He is frequently called in by various organizations and churches to conduct leadership development seminars, parenting classes, and to motivate employees. Brother Marcus is a cultivator of the human spirit. His enlightening and illuminating presentations reach deep into the hearts and minds of audiences all over America and inspires self-improvement.
- Author(s)Marcus Girard
- Date of Publication02/10/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight168 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.