All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Wishbone Express is a science fiction vel set hundreds of years in the future, when faster-than-light space travel is common and millions of inhabited worlds are part of a galactic society. The story focuses on two men - Randy Henson and Bill Jenkins-who operate an interstellar courier service using their highly advanced starship, the Wishbone. They accept a contract to transport a key government witness whose testimony will decide the fate of a corrupt planetary government. Their VIP passenger is accompanied by an attorney and an alien body guard. But during the journey they are pursued across thousands of light years by three well-armed ships which repeatedly attempt to destroy the Wishbone. The story employs a wealth of cosmological data to present a scientifically accurate description of the celestial features which play a key role in this fast-past story. The Wishbone's crew uses intelligence and imagination to out-maneuver their pursuers as they fly through a dense nebula, soar through the deadly radiation of a pulsar, and dive into the chromosphere of a star! The two crewmen do t kw, however, that their passengers are concealing dark secrets from both the crewmen and each other. After a dangerous and action-packed voyage, the crewmen attempt to land their badly damaged spacecraft on the destination planet while dealing with life-threatening complications concerning the true identities of their passengers and the deadly secrets they've been hiding. The Wishbone Express is rich with exciting action, unexpected plot twists, and generous amounts of humor.
- Author BiographyBruce Cook is a retired school teacher and lifelong fan of science fiction. As a parent, grandparent, and teacher, he has endeavored to share his enthusiasm for science fiction with several generations. His first published novel, The Hero Experience, is a highly entertaining and humorous tale of four teenaged boys in 1967 who yearn to be superheroes. The Wishbone Express also displays Bruce Cook's talent for combining humor and action, with the added element of accurate science to tell a story which will enthrall the reader on every level.
- Author(s)Bruce Cook
- Date of Publication08/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight572 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.90Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.