Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.29
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.24
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.70
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.67
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- DescriptionIn this thrilling vel by Lorenzo Carcaterra the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Sleepers, Gangster, and Midnight Angels organized crime goes to war with international terrorism in the name of one man s quest for revenge. My name is Vincent Marelli, though most people call me The Wolf. You ve never met me, and if you re lucky you never will. But in more ways than you could think of, I own you. I run the biggest criminal operation in the world. We re invisible but we re everywhere. Wherever you go, whatever you do, however it is you spend your money, a piece of it lands in our pockets. You would think that with that kind of power I would be invincible. You would be wrong. I made a mistake, one that a guy like me can never afford to make. I let my guard down. And because I did, my wife and daughters are gone. Murdered by terrorists with a lethal ax to grind. That was my mistake. But it was also theirs. I wasn t looking for a war with them. No one in my group was. But they ve left me with thing but a desire for revenge so a war is what they ll get. The full strength of international organized crime against every kwn terrorist group working today. Crime versus chaos. We will protect our interests, and I will protect my son. We won t get them all, but I will get my revenge, or I will die trying. They will kw my name. They will feel my wrath. They will fear The Wolf. Praise for The Wolf Lorenzo Carcaterra is one of my favorite writers in the world, and The Wolf is his best book yet. In it you ll meet the superbly crafted crime boss Vincent Marelli and then you ll spend this riveting read trying to decide whether Marelli, like Michael Corleone, is a hero or a villain. Pick up a copy of The Wolf and you won t put it down until the surprise ending! Lisa Scottoline, New York Times bestselling author of Accused The Wolf crackles with the geopolitical high stakes of Homeland, the intrigue and lore of The Godfather, and the clock-ticking final showdown of 24. No one combines such themes as Renaissance art, global terror, and all things Italian like Lorenzo Carcaterra. Andrew Gross, New York Times bestselling author of Everything to Lose Binds a strong confessional voice with a taut revenge plot. New York [A] high-octane thriller. Publishers Weekly (starred review) Action fans will love it. Booklist Praise for Lorenzo Carcaterra Crackles with action . . . a riveting and ingenious read that will keep you turning the pages. Douglas Preston, on Midnight Angels A powerful read . . . with plenty of action and dialogue as authentic as the streets of New York. St. Petersburg Times , on Paradise City Terrifying and heartbreaking . . . a brilliant, troubling, important book. Jonathan Kellerman, on Sleepers A brilliant, multilayered vel that breathes and bleeds on every page. This book transcends the genre of crime fiction. It is a full-blooded vel and an epic read. Robert Crais, on Gangster
- Author BiographyLorenzo Carcaterra is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Sleepers, A Safe Place, Apaches, Gangster, Street Boys, Paradise City, Chasers, and Midnight Angels. He is a former writer/producer for Law & Order and has written for National Geographic Traveler, The New York Times Magazine, Details, and Maxim. He lives in New York City with Gus, his Olde English Bulldogge, and is at work on his next novel.
- Author(s)Lorenzo Carcaterra
- PublisherBallantine Books
- Date of Publication29/07/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBallantine Books
- Weight526 g
- Width165 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.