Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.12
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $28.54Trending at AU $30.77
About this product
- DescriptionCelia Cantu, a pediatrician in Havana, is trying to live a regular life in today's Cuba. She is engaged to her childhood friend Luis and lives with her 16-year-old niece, Liliana. Celia's life is disrupted when Luis's brother, Joe, returns from Miami flaunting his American ways. Joe's arrival and Liliana's adolescent restlessness force Celia to examine the discrepancy between her country's revolutionary ideals and its reality.As this family drama unfolds, Celia is unnerved by moments when her mind and body seem to be taken over by Celia Sanchez, a heroine of the Revolution and long-time intimate of Fidel Castro. The turbulent past and an undefined future collide when Liliana disappears and Celia sets out into the Cuban countryside in search of her.The Woman She Was is a deeply moving vel that explores the aspirations, hopes, and fears of contemporary Cubans, as well as the challenges they still face.
- Author BiographyRosa Jordan grew up in the Florida Everglades and earned degrees from universities in California and Mexico. She immigrated to Canada in 1980 and currently resides in Rossland, BC, with her partner Derek Choukalos. They have co-authored two travel guides to Cuba, Cycling Cuba and Cuba's Best Beaches. One section of Rosa's autobiographical travel narrative, Dangerous Places: Travels on the Edge, is also about Cuba. Please visit www.rosajordan.com.
- Author(s)Rosa Jordan
- PublisherBrindle and Glass Publishing, Ltd
- Date of Publication06/03/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationCalgary, AB
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintBrindle and Glass Publishing, Ltd
- Content Notemaps, frontispiece
- Weight518 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.