The Woman Who Changed Her Brain: How We Can Shape Our Minds and Other Tales of Cognitive Transformation by Barbara Arrowsmith-Young (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.87Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $17.95Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by abitofeverything57
- Est. delivery by 31 Jan
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBarbara Arrowsmith-Young was born with severe learning disabilities that caused teachers to label her as slow, stubborn - or worse. As a child, she read and wrote everything backwards, was physically uncoordinated and she continually got lost. But by relying on her formidable memory and iron will, she made her way to graduate school, where she chanced upon research that inspired her to invent cognitive exercises to 'fix' her own brain, which we w kw as neuroplasticity. The Woman Who Changed Her Brain interweaves Barbara's personal story with riveting case histories from over thirty years of working with both children and adults at what became the Arrowsmith School in Toronto. This remarkable book by a brilliant pioneer deepens our understanding of how the brain works. Our brains may shape us, but this book offers clear and hopeful evidence of the corollary: that we can shape our brains. It includes a foreword by Norman Doidge, M. D., author of The Brain that Changes Itself.
- Author BiographyBarbara Arrowsmith-Young is the Director of Arrowsmith School and Arrowsmith Program. She holds both a B.A.Sc. in Child Studies from the University of Guelph, and a Master's degree in School Psychology from the University of Toronto (Ontario Institute for Studies in Education).
- Author(s)Barbara Arrowsmith-Young
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication23/05/2013
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight301 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.