All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe Woman and the Car is a faithfully reproduced, quirky classic from the dawn of motoring - and testament to womankind's perennial claim on the steering wheel! Take a spin through a time - 1909, to be precise - when right-thinking lady would consider solo motoring without her revolver, and when the installation of a secret compartment for powder-puff was de rigueur. In the vintage driver's seat of this 'chatty little handbook' is record-breaking Edwardian motoriste Dorothy Levitt, exhorting the budding 'lady driver' to approach the newfangled contraption without fear and reassuring those who believed it was 'impossible to look anything but hideous when in an automobile.'
- Author BiographyKnown as 'the fastest girl on Earth', Dorothy Levitt was an English sporting 'motoriste', motoring writer and pioneer of female independence. She set the Ladies World Land Speed record in 1906 and taught Queen Alexandra and the royal princesses how to drive.
- Author(s)Dorothy Levitt
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication17/06/2014
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Out-of-print date28/09/2016
- Content Note26 b/w
- Weight261 g
- Width115 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.