The Woman's Guide to Managing Migraine: Understanding the Hormone Connection to Find Hope and Wellness by Susan Hutchinson (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.78+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHormones and migraine are intimately connected. Ten million women in the US suffer from migraine associated with hormones - but they may t kw it. Migraines that occur right before and right after the menstrual period can be more frequent and last longer than migraines that occur in other stages of the menstrual cycle. Often they are more severe and more difficult to treat. Many women aren't sure if the headaches they suffer from are migraine, tension, cluster, period headaches, or part of their premenstrual syndrome. Recently, the medical community has produced exciting new advances in the diagsis and treatment of headache, but many of these advances are kwn only to a handful of sufferers. This concise and practical handbook equips female headache sufferers with all the tools they need, in conjunction with their healthcare providers, to properly diagse types of headache and develop the best possible treatment plans. Headache specialist, family practice physician, and fellow migraine sufferer Dr. Hutchinson explores common associated conditions, hormonal therapy, preventive strategies, and treatment options ranging from the most promising new drugs to the most effective complementary and alternative therapies. She addresses common questions such as how to plan for pregnancy and how to manage family and work life with ongoing migraine. This book empowers migraine sufferers to take charge of their treatment and find the path to living well.
- Author BiographySusan L. Hutchinson, MD, is board certified in family medicine with a subspecialty in headache. She is Director and Founder of the Orange County Migraine and Headache Center in Irvine, California. She is also an Associate Clinical Professor in the Department of Family Medicine at UC-Irvine Medical Center. She concentrates on the management of migraine and mood disorders with a special interest in the relationship of both conditions to hormones. Dr. Hutchinson is a national speaker on both migraines and depression and was awarded the National Headache Foundation Lectureship Award in February 2003 in recognition of her contribution to headache education. She is a regular contributor to Migraine.com.
- Author(s)Susan Hutchinson
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication14/03/2013
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.