All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn angry orphan escapes a grey town on the back of a hurricane. She lands in a mysterious country of tiny people and wicked witches, where the trees carry bazookas, the crows recite slam poetry, and a mouse can blow your head off. In just one day, this little girl revolutionizes an entire nation. She brings freedom, and colour. Her name is DOROTHY.
- Author BiographyCaroline Bird's previous theatre credits include Chamber Piece (Secret Theatre, Lyric Hammersmith), The Trojan Women (Gate Theatre), a radical new version which received wide critical acclaim, Sixty-Six Books (Bush Theatre) where she wrote a piece inspired by Leviticus, and The Trial of Dennis the Menace (Purcell Room, Southbank Centre), a musical inspired by The Beano. In 2012, she was shortlisted for Most Promising New Playwright at the Off-West-End Awards. She is the author of four poetry collections: Looking Through Letterboxes, Trouble Came To The Turnip, Watering Can and The Hat-Stand Union. She has been shortlisted twice for the Dylan Thomas Prize and Watering Can received a Poetry Book Society Recommendation. Caroline was one of the five official poets at London Olympics 2012 and her poem The Fun Palace is now erected on the Olympic Site.
- Author(s)Caroline Bird
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/11/2015
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleOberon Modern Plays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOberon Books Ltd
- Weight142 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.51
- AU $21.35Trending at AU $22.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.