All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover the spectacular power of light with this visually stunning celebration of the multitude of ways in which light-based techlogy has shaped our society. Be inspired by state-of-the-art science: sixteen beautiful, straightforward chapters demonstrate the science behind the fascinating and surprising ways in which light can be harnessed and used, from displays, solar cells and the Internet to advanced quantum techlogies. Be dazzled by brilliant color: dramatic design and radiant color illustrations bring cutting-edge science and groundbreaking invations to life, clearly explaining the fundamental principles behind them. Be part of something bigger: published in association with the Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO) to celebrate the 2015 UNESCO International Year of Light, it is perfect for anyone interested in the frontiers of science, engineering or medicine, and in the phemenal techlogical advances that have been made possible by human invation.
- Author BiographyMarta Garcia-Matos is a physicist, writer, and Outreach Project Manager in the Knowledge and Technology Transfer division of the Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO), specialising in projects that further the public understanding of science. Lluis Torner is the Founding Director of the Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO). He is a Fellow of the European Physical Society, the European Optical Society, and the Optical Society of America.
- Author(s)Lluis Torner,Marta Garcia-Matos
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication18/06/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note30 b/w illus. 50 colour illus.
- Weight360 g
- Width186 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.