About this product
- DescriptionI was walking down the road, and I saw a donkey ...hee-haw! And he only had three legs. He was a wonky donkey ...In this very funny, cumulative song, each page tells us something new about the donkey until we end up with a spunky, hanky-panky cranky stinky dinky lanky honky-tonky winky wonky donkey, which will have children in fits of laughter! There is much fun to be had by listening to the song and trying to predict the new word for each clue given!
- Author BiographySinger/songwriter Craig Smith performs at gigs around the South Island. He has lived in Australia for 4 years and Vietnam for 6 years, and says Spike Milligan and his Mum are his greatest influences. Katz Cowley is a British-born illustrator. Katz has a degree in illustration from the University of Northumbria. She spent a year and a half travelling around SE Asia and living in Australia before arriving in NZ in 2000, where she has been ever since.
- PrizesWinner of New Zealand Post Children's Book Awards: Children's Choice 2010 and Nielsen BookData New Zealand Booksellers' Choice Award 2010. Shortlisted for LIANZA Children's Book Awards: Russell Clark Medal for Illustration 2010 and PANZ Book Design Awards: Best Children's Book 2010 and New Zealand Post Children's Book Awards: Picture Book 2010.
- Author(s)Craig Smith
- PublisherScholastic New Zealand Limited
- Date of Publication19/09/2009
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationAuckland
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintScholastic New Zealand
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Width250 mm
- Height240 mm
- Illustrator(s)Katz Cowley
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-Audio (Music recording)
Most relevant reviews
- njgale031919 Apr, 2012by
Perfect story for an occasion.
This is such a lovely story, I was given a copy of this book as a gift to my child and now I will be giving it as a gift to another child. Light hearted fun reading.
- 7janey708 Oct, 2011by
This book and cd is great fun and my 5 year old grandson loves it after kinder teacher read it to the class.