All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first comprehensive handbook on the seeds of trees and shrubs produced by the USDA Forest Service was USDA Misc. Pub. 654, Woody-Plant Seed Manual. The manuscript was ready for publication in 1941, but World War II delayed publication until 1948. The boom in tree planting in the 1950s and 1960s created a large demand for seeds and exposed the gaps in our kwledge concerning production and quality of seeds of woody plants in general. The 1974 Handbook proved to be very popular both in this country and abroad, leading to five printings and translations in several other languages. More than a quarter-century after its publication, however, numerous advances in tree seed techlogy have dictated that a new revision is needed; the result is the current volume. Part I contains information on how to get seeds and raise seedlings.
- Author(s)Franklin T. Bonner,Robert P. Karrfalt
- Date of Publication13/05/2015
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationMorrisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.