All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom executive skills experts Peg Dawson and Richard Guare, this large-format academic planner is specially designed for students in grades 6-12. It provides a system for keeping track of assignments and due dates while developing the crucial executive skills needed to succeed in school and beyond. Students are given the tools to get organized, manage their time, create daily study plans, learn study strategies, and stay on track. They are also guided to evaluate their own executive skills in order to target their weaknesses and capitalize on strengths. User-friendly features: *Spiral binding facilitates everyday use. *Three-hole punched to conveniently fit in a binder. *Reproducible planning forms; purchasers can download and print extra copies. *Undated daily and monthly calendars for one academic year. *Three-year reference calendar (2015-2017) on each monthly page. *Online-only User's Guide for school psychologists, educators, coaches, and parents (www.guilford.com/work-smart-guide). See also the authors' Coaching Students with Executive Skills Deficits, which provides additional resources and guidance for professionals working with this population, plus the authoritative Executive Skills in Children and Adolescents, Second Edition. Also from Dawson and Guare: Smart but Scattered parenting guides and a self-help guide for adults.
- Author BiographyPeg Dawson, EdD, is a staff psychologist at the Center for Learning and Attention Disorders at Seacoast Mental Health Center in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, where she specializes in the assessment of children and adults with learning and attention disorders. She is a past president of the New Hampshire Association of School Psychologists, the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP), and the International School Psychology Association, and a recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award National Association from NASP. Dr. Dawson's other books with Richard Guare include Executive Skills in Children and Adolescents, Second Edition; Coaching Students with Executive Skills Deficits; Smart But Scattered; and Smart But Scattered Teens. Richard Guare, PhD, a neuropsychologist and board-certified behavior analyst, is Director of the Center for Learning and Attention Disorders at Seacoast Mental Health Center. He serves as a consultant to schools and agencies in programs for autism, learning and behavior disorders, and acquired brain injuries. Dr. Guare has presented and published research and clinical work involving attention, executive skills, and neurological disorders.
- Author(s)Peg Dawson,Richard Guare
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication10/06/2015
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Weight554 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $190.23New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.