All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores digital artists' articulations of globalization. Digital artworks from around the world are examined in terms of how they both express and simulate globalization's impacts through immersive, participatory and interactive techlogies. The author highlights some of the problems with macro and categorical approaches to the study of globalization and presents new ways of seeing the phemen as a series of processes and flows that are individually experienced and expressed. Instead of providing a macro analysis of large-scale political and ecomic processes, the book offers imaginative new ways of kwing and understanding globalization as a series of micro affects. Digital art is explored in terms of how it re-centers articulations of globalization around individual experiences and offers new ways of accessing a complex topic often expressed in general and intangible terms. The Work of Art in a Digital Age: Art, Techlogy and Globalization is analytic and accessible, with material that is of interest to a range of researchers from different disciplines. Students studying digital art, film, globalization, cultural studies or digital media trends will also find the content fascinating.
- Author(s)Melissa Langdon
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication20/08/2014
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, 38 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight444 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.