All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a comprehensive insight into the ways in which psychoanalysts think and work. Mary Brownescombe Heller and Sheena Pollet bring together internationally kwn contributors trained at the Institute of Psychoanalysis to explore the broad range of clinical work, thinking, and teaching undertaken with children, families, adults and staff by psychoanalysts in the UK public health sector. Divided into four sections, The Work of Psychoanalysts in the Public Health Sector covers: * clinical work with parents and young children * clinical work with adults and their families * analytic thinking in health service practice * analytic support for health service staff. Experienced psychoanalysts discuss work with various client groups including parents with babies, children, adolescents who self harm, and adults with serious mental health conditions and psychosis. The book also explores how psychoanalytically-informed work can be used alongside other treatment methods, and how health service staff can best be trained and supported. The Work of Psychoanalysts in the Public Health Sector offers the reader a broad perspective and a clear understanding of the various analytical concepts used in clinical practice. It will be invaluable reading for anyone interested in, or already using psychoanalytic ideas and techniques in the health sector, as well as students in training.
- Author BiographyMary Brownescombe Heller is a consultant clinical psychologist and psychoanalyst who worked full-time in the NHS in Teesside for 25 years, where she managed an NHS psychoanalytic psychotherapy service. She now works largely in private practice. She is a lecturer, psychotherapist and supervisor for the BPC accredited training of the North of England Association of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapists (NEAPP). Sheena Pollet is a Consultant Psychiatrist in Psychotherapy in the 5 Boroughs Partnership NHS Trust in Cheshire. She also works as a Psychoanalyst in private practice.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/09/2009
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byMary Brownescombe Heller,Sheena Pollet
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.