All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBeautifully illustrated throughout, this distinctive collection will give an insight into the work of an English, twentieth century, master goldsmith.Each photograph is of a unique piece, showing that the skills of a traditionally trained goldsmith can still create gold and silver pieces that can rival that of the past revered Russian master goldsmiths.This book will be of interest to anyone who can appreciate and is interested in the skills of a master goldsmith, and one who takes pleasure in including flora and fauna, made from precious metals, into many of his designs and finished pieces.
- Author BiographyTraining two apprentices made James Miller a master goldsmith. During his career he has been employed as a master goldsmith by two of London's major goldsmith companies and for the past twenty-three years has been a self-employed goldsmith. Specializing in the design and manufacture of unique objects made from precious metals, most decorated with hard-fired enamels and set with precious stones, the author uses techniques of manufacture that have changed very little over the centuries. Examples of his work include Easter eggs and small object d'art pieces and life-size flower specimens made from gold and enamels, each set in a rock crystal vase carved to appear full of water, items similar to the type once made by the Faberge craftsmen. James's work has also included civic regalia and insignia, along with many other specially designed commissions.
- Author(s)James Miller
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2009
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobert Hale Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight885 g
- Width210 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.