All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Working Whippet is devoted to the breeding, training and preparation of the whippet for work in the field. Beginning with an introduction to the breed, its origins, role and importance in the past and today, the book then moves into practical tips on what to look for in a puppy, caring for the puppy, feeding, and worming, as well as early training, teaching skills for the field, working by day and night, care of the working dog, and selecting a stud dog, whelping, and rearing a litter. The Working Whippet contains valuable advice t only for owners of whippets, but also all running dogs.
- Author BiographyHelen Hansell grew up on a Welsh hill farm and qualified and worked as a gamekeeper on a commercial pheasant shoot, trained a variety of working dogs, and learned how to fly and hunt with hawks. She lives on a smallholding at the foot of the Black Mountains with her husband and four children.
- Author(s)Helen Hansell
- PublisherQuiller Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication08/04/2010
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationShrewsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuiller Publishing Ltd
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight828 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.