About this product
- DescriptionTHE WORKS contains every kind of poem you will ever need for the Literacy Hour but it is also a book packed with brilliant poems that will delight any reader. It's got chants, action verses, riddles, tongue twisters, shape poems, puns, acrostics, haikus, cinquains, kennings, couplets, thin poems, lists, conversations, mologues, epitaphs, songs, limericks, tankas, nsense poems, raps, narrative verse and performance poetry that's just for starters. It features poems from the very best classic and modern poets, for example: William Blake, Michael Rosen, Robert Louis Stevenson, Allan Ahlberg, W.H. Auden, Brian Patten, Roger McGough, Roald Dahl, Charles Causley, Elear Farjeon, Benjamin Zephaniah, Ted Hughes, T.S. Eliot and William Shakespeare to name but a few. A book packed with gems for dipping in to time and time again.
- Author BiographyPaul Cookson is the author and compiler of over 40 collections of children's poetry. He visits hundreds of schools every year and has performed his poems to thousands of children. He lives in Retford, Notts with Sally, Sam and Daisy.
- Author(s)Paul Cookson
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication17/07/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Children's Books
- Weight427 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.