All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCoffee has never been better, or more interesting, than it is today. Coffee producers have access to more varieties and techniques than ever before and we, as consumers, can share in that expertise to make sure the coffee we drink is the best we can find. Where coffee comes from, how it was harvested, the roasting process and the water used to make the brew are just a few of the factors that influence the taste of what we drink. Champion barista and coffee roaster James Hoffmann examines these key factors, looking at varieties of coffee, the influence of terroir, how it is harvested and processed, the roasting methods used, through to the way in which the beans are brewed. Country by country - from Bolivia to Zambia - he then identifies key characteristics and the methods that determine the quality of that country's output. Along the way we learn about everything from the development of the espresso machine, to why strength guides on supermarket coffee are really t good news. This is the first book to chart the coffee production of over 35 countries, encompassing kwledge never previously published outside the coffee industry. For everyone who wants to understand more about coffee and its wonderful nuances and possibilities, this is the book to have.
- Author BiographyJames Hoffmann is the managing director of Square Mile Coffee Roasters, a multi-award-winning coffee roasting company based in East London. He is also the World Barista Champion 2007, having won the UK Barista competition in both 2006 and 2007. He writes a popular blog, www.jimseven.com, about coffee and the coffee business. The World Atlas of Coffee is his first book.
- Author(s)James Hoffmann
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication06/10/2014
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Series TitleWorld Atlas of
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMitchell Beazley
- Content Note200 colour photographs
- Weight1090 g
- Width201 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine25 mm
Save on Other
- AU $28.28Trending at AU $32.06
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $20.02
- AU $12.54Trending at AU $12.91
- AU $18.01Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $15.00Trending at AU $26.02
- AU $21.99Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $16.36Trending at AU $17.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.