All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn ambitious, stunning compendium assembling vibrant, varied expressions of street photography, both staged and improvised, from around the globe The energetic, fluctuating pace of the metropolis has long lured photographers to capture often candidly the chaos, character, and incident of modern urban life ever since the genesis of photography in the 19th century. The World Atlas of Street Photography focuses on the abundance of photos created on street corners internationally, including classic documentary street photography as well as mediated images of urban landscapes, staged performances, and sculpture. Twelve specially commissioned artworks are featured, in addition to a wide selection of striking and well-kwn images of city life. Lively and informative, this handsome book compiles expressions of a vibrant genre and is the first of its kind to scour the globe from New York to New Delhi, Beijing to Brighton, Havana to Hamburg, and Sydney to Seoul. This magnificently illustrated compilation of more than 700 images presents over one hundred established and emerging contemporary photographers, including Nikki S. Lee, Lise Sarfati, Jeff Wall, Daido Moriyama, Alexey Titarenko, Christo and Jeanne-Claude, David Goldblatt, and Julio Bittencourt, among many others. The World Atlas of Street Photography offers a peek through the lenses of photographers chronicling the fever, furor, and intimacy of urban life.
- Author BiographyJackie Higgins is a writer, journalist, and filmmaker specializing in photography. A writer and producer for over ten years, she currently focuses on issues of identity in contemporary Japanese photography. Other areas of her research include 19th-century photography and contemporary uses of the camera obscura.
- Author(s)Jackie Higgins
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication16/09/2014
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight1692 g
- Width228 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Foreword byMr Max Kozloff
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.