All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a comprehensive, one-of-a-kind resource that looks at the sophisticated beauty of calligraphy from around the world. It features 55 living scripts, with visual examples and an overview of origins, traditions & unique characteristics. It is a groundbreaking collection that will teach and inspire vices, experts and admirers alike. You can discover the sophisticated beauty of calligraphy from around the world with this comprehensive, one-of-a-kind resource. Using visual examples accompanied by expert commentary, The World Encyclopedia of Calligraphy features 55 living scripts, including Carolingian (Roman), Japanese Hiragana, Thuluth (Arabic), U-Chen (Tibetan) and Yerushalmi (Hebrew). Each script includes an overview of its origins, traditions and unique characteristics while an expanded description includes the kind of writing system used, the direction and sequence of the lines of continuous text, distinctions between majuscule and minuscule and the principal writing tool. Both a step-by-step guide and sumptuous visual tour, this groundbreaking collection will teach and inspire vices, experts and admirers alike.
- Author BiographyChristopher Calderhead is a lettering artist, author and educator whose work has been exhibited in the United States and Great Britain. He is the editor and designer of Letter Arts Review, as well as the author of numerous articles and reviews and several books. Holly Cohen is a writer, calligrapher and jewellery designer. She studied calligraphy under Reggie Ezell. She has served on the Board of the Society of Scribes in New York.
- PublisherSterling Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication03/11/2011
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date01/10/2013
- Content Notefull colour throughout, includes illustrations, includes photographs
- Weight1633 g
- Width254 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.