CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.64Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionA landmark international history of animation, featuring all genres, styles, media and techniques alongside stunning imagery. Since its earliest days, animation has captured our imagination like other art form, giving us some of our best-loved characters and telling some of our most memorable stories. The World History of Animation is a comprehensive guide to the animated universe, ranging from the trick films of the nineteenth century to the latest in 3D CGI. An exhaustive timeline of animation milestones forms the backbone of the book, with sypses and stills from award-winning classics as well as lesser-kwn gems. The book celebrates animation in all its forms, including short films, movies, television series, music videos, computer games, and online. All genres and techniques are covered, from children's favourites and FX blockbusters, to cult animes and art-house experiments. There are also biographies detailing the lives and achievements of the most influential artists and studios, as well as essays on important developments and movements, such as the evolution of computer animation. Plus, this beautiful volume includes bite-size explanations of techniques and an extensive glossary of key terms. With its informative and entertaining text alongside gorgeous illustrations, The World History of Animation is a must-have for any animation enthusiast.
- Author BiographyStephen Cavalier has almost two decades of experience in the animation and games industries. He has written and directed award-winning shorts, has been employed in the animation team at Steven Spielberg's studio and as an animation director for Disney and the BBC. He is author of The World History of Animation, published by Aurum. He also runs his own company working as an animator, writer and director. He lives in Brighton.
- Author(s)Steven Cavalier
- PublisherAurum Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAurum Press Ltd
- Content Note250 illustrations
- Width228 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Foreword bySylvain Chomet
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.