All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTravis Shelton is seventeen the summer he wanders into the woods onto private property near his North Carolina home, discovers a grove of marijuana large eugh to make him some serious money, and steps into the jaws of a bear trap. After hours on the forest floor, he's released from the trap by the shrewd and vicious farmer who set it - but can longer igre the subtle evil that underlie the life of his small Appalachian community. Before long, Travis has moved out of his parents' home to live with Leonard Shuler, a onetime schoolteacher who w deals a little pot to make ends meet. Travis becomes his student, of sorts, and the fate of these two outsiders becomes increasingly entwined as the community's violent past and corrupt present bear down on each of them from every direction.
- Author BiographyRon Rash is the author of the prize-winning novels One Foot in Eden, Saints at the River and The World Made Straight, as well as several collections of poetry and short stories. He is the recipient of an O. Henry Prize and the James Still Award from the Fellowship of Southern Writers. For Saints at the River he received the 2004 Weatherford Award for Best Novel and the 2005 SEBA Best Book Award for Fiction. Rash holds the John Parris Chair in Appalachian Studies at Western Carolina University and lives in Clemson, South Carolina.
- Author(s)Ron Rash
- PublisherPicador USA
- Date of Publication01/05/2006
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPicador USA
- Out-of-print date13/12/2008
- Weight272 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $56.46
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.77
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.14
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.07
- AU $59.86Trending at AU $63.64
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.52
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.