All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe World Trade Organization and international denim trading is the first market report that focuses on analysing the international denim trading market and its key players. It discusses the important implications of China's entry into the World Trade Organization for the denim industry and analyses the denim trade in the major markets and the key players including USA, EEC, Japan, Hong Kong and China. Included are extensive and systematic primary data research; geographic distributions of denim trade; detailed description and analysis of major markets; comprehensive analysis of industry and its competitiveness and the impact of the World Trade Organisation. The opening chapter covers international textile and apparel trading; this is followed by China's entry into the World Trade Organisation and its impact on the international textile and apparel trade. The main part of the book reports on denim product trade in specific international markets and the final chapters highlight strategic implications for denim manufacturers and traders.
- Author BiographyDr Y. Li is a Professor at The Institute of Textiles and Clothing at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong. He is a Fellow of The Textile Institute, a member of several professional bodies and has more than 350 scientific publications and patents. Yan Shen became a lecturer in international trade and trade-related law at Donghua University, China before moving to Hong Kong Polytechnic University as a research assistant under Dr. Li. She has participated in research into the World Trade Organisation and its possible effects on the textile industry. Edward Newton is Chair Professor of Fashion Marketing and Merchandising and Head of the Institute of Textiles and Clothing at Hong Kong Polytechnic University. He is Visiting Professor to many universities internationally and has worked extensively in Europe, India, China, the Far East and USA. L. Yao is currently a research and development manager in a garment manufacturing company. She obtained her BSc from Zhejiang University in 1995. Since 1998, she has carried out research in the area of strategic development of Fashion: Design and Technology Innovation , which is funded by the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. She has published a series of research papers and books.
- Author(s)E. Newton,K. W. Yeung,L. Yao,Li Yan,Y. Shen
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication15/04/2003
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleWoodhead Publishing Series in Textiles
- Series Part/Volume Number31
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight690 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.