Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionThrough its lively and accessible narrative, The World Transformed: 1945 to Present provides students with an account of the political, socio-ecomic, and cultural developments that have shaped global events since 1945. The book's focus on three central and profoundly interconnected stories-the unfolding of the Cold War, the growth of the international ecomy, and the developing world's quest for political and ecomic independence-offers students a framework for understanding the past and making sense of the present. Attentive to overarching themes, individual historical figures, and diverse nations-and w substantially revised with a new Part 4 that examines world events since 1990-The World Transformed, Second Edition, is ideal for courses on post-1945 world history, international relations, or global topics.
- Author BiographyMichael H. Hunt is the Everett H. Emerson Professor of History Emeritus at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He is the author or editor of twelve books, including The World Transformed, 1945 to the Present: A Documentary Reader, Second Edition (OUP, 2014) and Ideology and U.S. Foreign Policy, Second Edition (2009). He is also the coauthor, with Steven I. Levine, of Arc of Empire: America's Wars in Asia from the Philippines to Vietnam (2012).
- Author(s)Michael H. Hunt
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication27/08/2015
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight854 g
- Width164 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.